Whether for a birthday or just any old time you want one, cupcakes reign supreme when it comes to the sweet treats of today. Yet, when you add a Michigan beer from Frankenmuth Brewery into the mix and create a beer cupcake hybrid, well, you might have just found heaven. Buckle up because the Frankenmuth Brewery blog test kitchen has created another tasty treat with a new beer cupcake recipe.
When it comes to cupcakes, the worst possible outcome is a stale cake that tastes like spongy cardboard. How can you avoid this dilemma and reach a delicious conclusion? The inclusion of the Frankenmuth Brewery Munich Style Dunkel Lager in a beer cupcake recipe will make for a cake that has more moisture and a softer texture. In addition, while the beer may not add much in terms of beer taste, the Dunkel will bring out more of the chocolate flavor in the cupcake.
With the purchase of a few simple ingredients, a six-pack of Dunkel Lager from our Michigan brewery and some things you may already have in the pantry, it’s easy to create delicious treats from this beer cupcake recipe. Follow our simple directions and you be smashing a tasty frosted cupcake into your face in no time. Let’s go!
Michigan Beer Cupcake Recipe
8 ounces of softened cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup of heavy cream
1 bottle of Frankenmuth Brewery Dunkel
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of sour cream
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1. Take the softened cream cheese, place in the mixer and beat until the cream cheese is light and airy. Gradually mix in heavy cream until the substance is smooth.
2. Using a spatula, remove frosting mixture from the side of the bowl, turn the mixer on and slowly add the powdered sugar to the mix.
Beer Cupcake Recipe:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together vegetable oil, milk, the Dunkel beer from our Michigan brewery and vanilla extract in one bowl. Next, beat the eggs into the mix with a whisk until completely incorporated and then add in the sour cream.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt) into a bowl. Slowly add the mixture of wet ingredients into the dry mix by folding it in with spatula.
3. Insert cupcake liners into cupcake pans and coat the insides with melted butter. Pour batter into the wells and make sure that the batter is evenly distributed amongst each well to ensure all are baked the same way.
4. Put cupcake pans in oven and let bake form 25 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
5. Last step! Frost the final product and enjoy this beer cupcake recipe.